||[Mar. 11th, 2007|03:28 am]
Kelly J. Cooper
Looking at my desk, I see a huge mess.
But I also see projects that I really want to do...
- A sketchpad that wants drawings and has sketches that need scanning in
- A copy of You Grow Girl! that I want to review for the Garden Club newsletter
- A note to myself to SUBMIT A CLASS to the Cambridge Center for Adult education (written on a print-out of the submissions deadlines)
- The book Learn To Be An Optimist, whose exercises I want to continue
- Notes for www.kjccoaches.com
- Notes for a flyer to put out by the minicomics to try and convince comickers to let me edit their minicomics
- An interesting looking SF books that unfortunately turned out to be #3 in a series
- An infinite number of little pieces of paper on which are written notes and notations about things to do
- A sticky note reminding me to do my taxes early
- A pile of Seabury Quinn books starring Jules de Grandin, Supernatural Sleuth, reminding me that I want to write an article about Quinn
- A stack of the books I've read over the past six or so years and used to work on my brain that I want to review here
- A copy of The Blue Pages that I need to check regarding stores that I like
- A copy of Scott McCloud's Making Comics that I want to read
- My new Czech phrasebook that I want to annotate for key phrases and my Prague travel book that I need to pick through more for things to do in Prague
- Books I've completed and want to list and review here
- A book that needs to go on my Pub Fiction web page
- A copy of Worms Eat My Garbage reminding me to write a publishable article on vermiculture as well as a couple of small articles for the Garden Club newsletter
- A book on travel writing that I desperately want to at least skim in consideration of my imminent trip to Prague
- A book on personal coaching reminding me to create some forms for coaching clients
- A bunch of books about comics, comics making, and comics history that I want to use as references to write about comics more
- A print-out of the things I wanted to turn into resolutions, listed in this LJ post, of which I've done practically NONE
The mess is mostly disheartening, but I want it to be exciting. It has so much potential and looks like fun!
I wish I had a cup of motivation.