|Getting It Done
||[Aug. 2nd, 2014|02:56 am]
Kelly J. Cooper
- Got up at a reasonable hour (for me) ahead of the arrival of my body doublin' pal Gail!
- Cleaned up, sorted, put away, or recycled a pile of crap while socializing with Gail
- Read some comics I had unearthed & was desperately seeking
- Figured out how to delete empty notebooks from Evernote (after figuring out how to add notes to notebooks last week)
- Registered my camera (bought & in use since in March)
- Looked up manuals for my camera, PasswordSafe (downloaded in April), and Evernote (downloaded & in use since May) per a TO DO list in Evernote
- Moved a list of things I used to know how to do & want to relearn to Evernote/my phone
- Moved a list of things I want to learn how to do to Evernote/my phone
- Downloaded an app to support one of the things I want to learn (Italian)
- Otherwise reorganized my Evernote lists for increased efficiency
- Reordered one of my supplements that I can only get online BEFORE I ran out of it (although it probably won't arrive before i run out, that's still better than usual)
- Followed up on & confirmed appointment for next week
- Put multiple events & reminders into my calendar
It's goofy, but part of the reason some of these things got done is because I've previously made the conscious decision to use certain tools that are easier for me, like Thunderbird for email since it has a detailed search function.
And tags over on Livejournal, because I can find things way more easily (even though I probably use way less than half of the 1,000+ tags I have more than once, when I do need them, they are great).
And my smarty-pants phone, for which I am VERY grateful as it has made reminders, calendar/event tracking, to do lists, and the like much easier to manage all in one place.