Log in

No account? Create an account
Easter 2010 - Body by Henson, brain by Seuss. [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Kelly J. Cooper

[ website | KJC Edits - let me edit you! ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

Easter 2010 [Apr. 7th, 2010|12:35 am]
Kelly J. Cooper
[Tags|, , ]

I saw my Drug Doc last Wednesday. She said, "Increase your wake-up Adderall dosage from 10mg to 15mg, then take another 5mg (half pill) 4-6 hours later." So I did that on Thursday. Then, Thursday night, I watched a LOT of TV (8-11pm), played on the Internet (11:30pm-ish to 2:30am-ish), then tried to go to bed. Couldn't sleep, got up when I remembered I needed to clear some space on my DVR, so I went downstairs to set up a dub (dumping recorded shows to DVD so I can delete them & make room to record more).

I then made the mistake of picking up a newly purchased book while waiting for the DVR to finalize a DVD. I ended up reading for a couple hours until I had a headache. That was 4-6am-ish. So I stopped reading and went upstairs to try and sleep. The headache got worse. Then worse. And then worse.

Ate Tylenol. Still got worse.

Started crying. Sent the BF for an ice pack.

Took about an hour for the pain to fade enough to fall asleep (with an icepack on my head and 1,000 mg of Tylenol in me).

So I was pretty... um... fragile on Friday. Imagine the worst hangover you've ever had. Ya know the kind with the boiled eyeballs and the skin like loud paper?

Thus, I did NOT drive to Jersey on Friday. I felt a little better Saturday, but then I had stomach problems and that wore me right back out so I went back to bed. I managed to get on the road by 5pm, I think.

On the plus side, Easter was very entertaining. Twelve kids, eleven of them between the ages of 6 & 11, seriously STOKED for an Easter egg hunt. Adult male uncles and cousins, each with a beer buzz, hiding brightly-colored plastic eggs. An excited dog. Family. Lots of good food. Generally a good time.

I went to bed latish, despite being tired, intending to sleep latish, then hit the road.

BUT the damn dog woke me up with his sharp little bark at 10am, and 12pm. I think he keeps track of time using my Aunt & Uncle’s cuckoo clock. Smart little fucker. Drove home Monday afternoon, which was a lovely day, and arrive around 7pm.

Talked to the Drug Doc today & went back to 10mg Adderall per day, with a 5mg boost (but only if I need it).