||[Feb. 12th, 2009|03:12 am]
Kelly J. Cooper
25 things I want:
- A tiny magical broom to sweep the sorrow off my heart
- Drum lessons
- Happiness (the feeling, not the icky movie)
- Miss Alicia Bell’s physical address
- The cell & home phone numbers of all my friends
- A CD shelf installed on the wall of the 2nd floor landing
- The DVDs of the entirety of the TV series SPORTS NIGHT
- Motivation to write
- The comedy CDs of both Paula Poundstone and Maria Bamford
- Dark chocolate fondue with both fruit and pound cake for dipping
- Strawberry kiwi smoothie and the weather to enjoy it
- A sense of purpose
- More zombie books & short stories
- A vision of a design for my backyard that’d work for both me & my BF
- More bookshelves
- A really cool skeleton key
- A pet bunny; or a kitten
- Tickets to see Eddie Izzard do live standup
- A couple more regular editing clients
- A hammock (preferably tie dyed)
- The Best American Magazine Writing for 2000 through 2007
- A nice hallway light for the 2nd floor hallway; maybe a sconce
- Pirate boots
- A flattering hair style that doesn’t make people say “mullet” when they see it
- The ability to carve recognizable animal shapes from wood using hand tools
"The DVDs of the entirety of the TV series SPORTS NIGHT"
I might be able to help you out with this one...
2009-02-14 02:24 am (UTC)
Supposedly, a set of the DVDs is on its way to me... dunno.
But thank you for offering!
2009-02-12 09:31 am (UTC)
actually, i can kind of help with this. at least for an evening or two's worth of lessons.
rock band comes with a pretty good 'drum trainer'. which, i mean, is not real drums, but does manage to get you doing some coordinated beats.
2009-02-14 02:24 am (UTC)
Heh. That sounds like fun.
talk to me about bookshelves, also can probably help you with a CD shelf.
2009-02-14 02:31 am (UTC)
Yeah. I have the hangers, I have 2 CD shelves, I just need the courage to install them.
And the bookshelves are kind of a long-term thing, as I get the house in order.
In a way, this was kind of like a to-do list - full of stuff that keeps floating around my head, being distracting, that I wanted to write down.
2009-02-14 02:27 am (UTC)
I'm hoping Eddie will do another US tour. I never seem to know when he's touring - I really should sign up on a mailing list or something.
By "style" I mean a type of hair cut that's flattering. While I am able to sit still and have had some pretty spectacular things done to my hair, it's not something I like to do myself, due to (a) not wanting to bother, (b) not wanting to damage my hair, and (c) I like to be able to run my hands through my hair - it's a de-stressor for me.
The phone number for me and thorbol
is 617-282-2829. We're home a lot these days, so call anytime.
If you're really interested in adopting a bunny, you should contact whuffle
And as for that little magical broom, when you find out who has those, let me know.
2009-02-14 02:28 am (UTC)
Thank you for the contact info!
I can help with the magical broom, my numbers, and maybe the book and CD shelves and skeleton key. And probably pirate boots and Eddie Izzard.
2009-02-14 02:30 am (UTC)
I'd be delighted to accept any help you can offer.
My Apocalypse account is gone, tho' it still forwards my mail (to postdiluvian.org; same username though).
There's an underlying need for me to get my house in order before I can add more bookshelves, so those are more of a long-term project.