|That Was A Nice Party!
||[Aug. 23rd, 2008|02:04 am]
Kelly J. Cooper
I had a lovely time at hammercock's shindig, getting to see people I don't see often enough and meeting new people.
I wore my "Blackbeard Brand Rugged Tampons" t-shirt, which was admired by many. It's the work of Ursula Vernon, AKA ursulav.
Ursula's schwag dealer is Ellen Million of Ellen Million Graphics. Her "Ursula Vernon Page" is here: http://www.ellenmilliongraphics.com/fantasyart/emgartist.php?profile=43 (search down the page for "Blackbeard" if you want to shop or just see the image).
YOU TOO can own a print, mouse pad, mug, t-shirt, etc. with the image on it or enjoy many other Ursula Art Works.
Her comic Digger is over at GraphicSmash.com (direct link here). There are THREE volumes of Digger books available from Sofawolf Press (here), but they seem to be on hold until September. If you want to order volume 1 through your local comic shop (hint! hint!), the order code is JUL084208. I don't know if volumes 2 & 3 are being released through Diamond Distribution at the same time (they're not in Diamond's online database as best I can tell).
Some highlights from the party:
- Wishing hammercock a happy HAPPY birthday and getting to see her smile!
- Seeing (and hugging) kimberlogic and xlii, even if it was only briefly
- Having lots of people stop me to read my shirt
- Hugs from jbsegal
- Meeting Amy, a fellow ursulav fan
- Bonding with rmd
- Chatting with tamidon
- Seeing a bunch of people I don't get to see often enough, especially thespian who lives 2 minutes away from me, and yet I never make it over to visit
- Watching kimberlogic and buxom_bey bond over crazy boss stories
- Lots and lots of laughing