||[Feb. 2nd, 2011|04:55 am]
Kelly J. Cooper
|[||Tags|||||15-minutes, add, adhd, clean, clean-up, cleaning, getting things done, gtd, organize, sleep, sleep problems, sleeping problem||]|
Woke up Tuesday around 2pm feeling fantastic and more sane than I had in months.
The difference? I took Tylenol PM before getting into bed.
Clearly I need to fit taking that into my weekly schedule -- maybe even twice a week -- to maintain a higher level of sanity until I can get the sleep problem resolved.
Anyway, I felt so good I lay there relaxing and basking in the pleasantness of it & fell back asleep & didn't get up til 7pm. Dur. The BF used the snowblower to keep us unburied, but I haven't tended to my car yet.
I came downstairs to find a package from my folks in the mail. It was a batch of pictures, mostly school pics and prom pics, of me and my classmates. That was a bit startling. Got a more realistic look at myself (than the image I carry in my head) of me age 8 - 12. I look... unfinished. Children look like children and teenagers look like almost-adults, but in that 8-12 range, I looked half-child half-something more. Unsettling. And I was actually cute in junior & senior year of high school. Who knew? Certainly the boys there didn't.
Then I read Stardrop by Mark Oakley (found it yesterday). It's a graphic novel made up of the first 81 or so comics in his series by the same name. It's quite charming. And it turns out, that despite the end-y-ness of the GN, Mark continued the strip and he's up to 120 pages now. The BF watched the Bruins play hockey. Then we ate beans and rice and sweet Italian sausages.
After watching Detroit 1-8-7, I listened to the news and sorted a pile of comics I'd found while unearthing the couch yesterday. Ultimately, I ended up sorting the four comic boxes I've been working on into alphabetical order and worked on that until around 2am. Then I took a break & read some comics I'd uncovered that I just couldn't resist:
I should probably try to sleep, but I've pretty much turned my days and nights around. Again. I've lost track of how many times I've done this in my life.
- A series called Morning Glories - finally found issue #3! And have now read up to #4. There are more in my sub folder at the shop. *sigh* (Note, this is not the psychotic online comic, this is a fairly new series from Image.)
- A series called The Mystery Society (now available in a collected paperback). I finally found issue #2, which had been holding me up from reading all five issues.
- A trade I'd forgotten I bought called The Wednesday Conspiracy (psychic powers? magic? mystery? mayhem? SOLD!)
- Finish clearing the couch
- Record the books in Box #3
- Get some magazine boxes (the ones I have are actually comic boxes & not wide enough for magazines) - OR go through existing magazine boxes and cull stuff to give away/recycle, making more room for stuff to keep... thinking... hmm... I like this idea. I wonder if it'll work.
- Type in some of the data
- Label the 2 cardboard boxes I freed up as "DONATE" and "SELL"